A Look at Disney’s Skyliner Travel Times
One of the most anticipated additions to the Walt Disney Resort this year is the Skyliner. Guests have been following along with the construction throughout the property and more recently hoping to catch a glimpse of what to expect.
Just the other day, Disney’s newest transportation system reached another milestone. The Skyliner officially began testing between Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
As the opening date draws nearer and nearer, many are wondering what to expect as far as Skyliner travel times. Will the Skyliner be more effective than Disney’s bus system? And more importantly, will it be faster?
A while back, @bioreconstruct did some investigating and provided us with some estimates on the Skyliner travel times between each location.
Art of Animation/Pop Century
Estimated travel times (including line transfers), for guests who will be boarding the Skyliner at Disney’s Art of Animation and Disney’s Pop Century Resorts, are as follows:
- Caribbean Beach Resort: 3 minutes 16 seconds (appx 34 minutes by bus including transfer)
- Hollywood Studios: 12 minutes 5 seconds (appx 12 minutes by bus)
- Riviera Resort: 10 minutes 27 seconds
- Epcot: 17 minutes 29 seconds (appx 12 minutes by bus)
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
The estimated travel times for guests boarding the Skyliner at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort are as follows:
- Hollywood Studios: 3 minutes 49 seconds (appx 12 minutes by bus)
- Epcot: 9 minutes 13 seconds (appx 12 minutes by bus)
- Riviera Resort: 2 minutes 11 seconds
- Art of Animation/Pop Century Resorts: 3 minutes 16 seconds (appx 34 minutes by bus including transfer)
Disney’s Riviera Resort
The estimated travel times for guests who will be boarding the Skyliner at Disney’s Riviera Resort are as follows:
- Epcot: 6 minutes 2 seconds
- Hollywood Studios: 11 minutes
- Caribbean Beach Resort: 2 minutes 11 seconds
- Art of Animation/Pop Century Resorts: 10 minutes 27 seconds
Overall, it seems that the Skyliner is going to be much more efficient than the current busing situation. Considering the gondola will run continuously and will not have to fight traffic, it may quickly become the preferred method of transportation.
Although, if you’re staying at Art of Animation or Pop Century and heading to Epcot, you may want to consider sticking with the bus.
Either way, we can’t wait for the Skyliner to begin running this Fall so we can try it for ourselves. In the meantime, keep following along with MickeyBlog for more updates.
Source: Twitter @bioreconstruct
Want to be one of the first to ride Disney’s Skyliner? Contact me today so we can start planning! In addition to a full range of complimentary planning services, I’ll make sure you get all of the best insider tips to make your Disney Vacation a dream come true! Simply fill out the form below, send an email to email@example.com, follow me on Facebook, or call (716) 601-7710 for more information. MickeyTravels is a Platinum-Level, Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.