New Details Revealed For NBA Experience at Disney Springs
In summer 2019, NBA Experience will open at Disney Springs and allow kids of all ages the chance to live out their dreams of playing in the NBA. And for the first time, Walt Disney World Resort is giving guests and basketball fans a glimpse of the exciting action coming our way. This one-of-a-kind destination – developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in collaboration with the NBA – will feature hands-on activities that immerse guests into the world of professional basketball.
What They’re Saying:
“Developed with the NBA, and inspired by the league’s 29 arenas around the country, NBA Experience will highlight the heart-pounding action and excitement of the NBA world,” said Stan Dodd, Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering. “From training simulations and clock-racing competitions to fan-favorite NBA moments – we’re bringing new experiences and thrilling games to life to make fans truly feel like a star player.”
“The Walt Disney Imagineering team has unparalleled expertise in creating best-in-class attractions for the millions of guests who visit their parks each year,” said Salvatore LaRocca, President, Global Partnerships, NBA. “The NBA Experience will be a destination for basketball fans from all over the world, and we are excited to partner with Disney to bring new and lifelong fans closer to the game.”
NBA Experience will feature something for everyone. Visitors will get a glimpse into the atmosphere at the NBA Draft and participate in their own scouting reports. They will also go through pregame preparations and step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight reel-worthy slam dunks.
Unique and innovative activities:
- Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
- Track and improve your jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge. This challenge is complete with a scouting report that highlights your stats at the end of the session.
- Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as you maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
- Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
- Test your ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge you with a variety of dribbling routines.
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights. Make as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
- Immerse yourself in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
Unique and innovative activities continued:
- Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA both past and present. This is done during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
- Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game. Also watch special stories from the players’ perspectives.
- Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games. It’s here a that you’ll use the tools at your stations to make the right calls.
- Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games.
In addition to these games and competitions, NBA Experience will also include a retail store. This store features exclusive NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.
NBA Experience at Disney Springs is just one of several ways Walt Disney World Resort is continuing to grow and add new experiences to delight and entertain guests. This soon-to-be fan-favorite destination is also the latest example of the rich basketball tradition at Walt Disney World. The Resort also hosts the Jr. NBA Global Championship, AAU National Championships and the AdvoCare Invitational at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2018 and 2019 packages available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow me on Facebook!