Preschooler’s Guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Main Street USA is dripping with garland, Tomorrowland is decked out in metallic glory, and the wreaths have been hung along the banks of Rivers of America in Frontierland. The nostalgia of holidays past and excitement of this years’ Christmas to come is palpable through the lands of Magic Kingdom, because Christmastime is certainly here again! Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a quintessential Walt Disney World holiday party that can’t be missed!
Unless you have an early bedtime, that is. The Party takes place from 7pm-12am on select nights, and with the sun long since set when the Party begins, is the price of the hard-ticketed admission worth it for a toddler with an early bedtime?
- A Frozen Holiday Wish- On Christmas Party nights, join Queen Elsa as she covers the castle in frozen fractals of gorgeously crystalized icicles! When Cinderella Castle transforms from classic to jaw-droppingly breathtaking before your very eyes, the magic of the season is never more alive! The lighting is perfect for youngsters because it takes place early in the evening, so even you will certainly be able to catch this incredible display before exhaustion sets in.
- Cookies and apple juice- Included in the price of your Party ticket is unlimited access to as many Christmas cookies and apple juice cups as your belly desires! Just like last year, there are many cookie varieties available throughout the park! Indicated on your party map, the cookie spots are really fun to search out- with the help of your toddlers! Make it into a game and ask them to locate the cookie spots as you get closer, and the thrill of the hunt will make those sweet cookies and apple juice taste all the better!
TIP: If a midnight sugar rush isn’t something you’re hoping for, take the cookies to-go! Each one is wrapped in plastic and can be taken from the Party, so you can enjoy them leisurely during the rest of your trip!
- Attractions– Hard-ticketed parties like this one are a great time to take advantage of shorter attraction times. In between cookie stops, be sure to ride the normally often-crowded preschool geared attractions! Attractions like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo always have a stand by wait. During the Christmas Party though, the waits for these super popular attractions rarely exceed 5 minutes!
- Snow on Main Street USA- I’ve been to the Christmas Party many times. I’ve tasted the cookies. I’ve seen the parade (more on that soon!). Each and every one of those times, when powdery snow peacefully falls on Main Street USA, the spirit of the season and the joy of what I’m witnessing around me moves me to tears. Spontaneously throughout the evening, you can catch a snowfall on Main Street USA that will delight every aged member of your family from toddler to grandpa!
- Once Upon A Christmastime Parade (first show)- My favorite parade of all time is hands-down the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party exclusive Once Upon A Christmastime Parade! Mickey and Minnie lead the way, Cinderella’s carriage is slowly led by a team of tiny white ponies, and toy soldiers….oh those toy soldiers! 7ft tall larger-than-life toy soldiers march in perfect time while regally playing trumpets and brass instruments live! If you’ve got a preschooler in your party, definitely plan to catch the first parade! Usually stepping off between 8:30-9:00, the excitement associated with the magical parade is both early and late enough to be the perfect cap to any preschoolers’ night at the party!
TIP: Holiday Wishes explodes above Cinderella Castle soon after the first parade, and when I visited with my little cousins, they were so jazzed up after the spectacular parade that they were begging the adults to stay for the fireworks! Sometimes, a little Disney Christmas parade magic is all it takes to make a night owl out of a preschooler. And a maybe a few extra cookies too!
Are you planning to book a Disney vacation for you and your family? I’d love to help! I am a proud MickeyTravels Authorized Vacation Planner (Platinum Level) specializing in all Disney destinations. From hotel to FastPass+ reservations, I will help with each and every aspect of your trip. And the best part about my services is that they are completely FREE!
You can find me over on Facebook, or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 800-308-6257. I can’t wait to start planning your dream Disney vacation!