2018 Disneyland Resort Holiday Season And Festivities
The Holidays begin here at the Disneyland Resort. This year they bring seasonal magic to the Happiest Place on Earth Nov. 9, 2018, through Jan. 6, 2019. Throughout the holiday season, traditions are shared, memories are made and the spirit of the season shines even brighter throughout the resort. The festivities also include favorite holiday experiences and entertainment. Just a few of these experiences include Disney Festival of Holidays and the “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular. Furthermore, the heartwarming Festival of Holidays, which honors the sights, sounds and tastes of Christmas/Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali and Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day, is celebrated at Disney California Adventure Park for an additional two days, running through Jan. 8, 2019.
Also, guests plan their seasonal visits year after year to experience beloved Holiday traditions and all the festive cheer at Disneyland Resort, from snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A., to glistening décor, Disney-themed treats, holiday entertainment and the one-of-a-kind transformations that create “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
Disneyland Holiday Season At California Adventure Park
- Festival of Holidays brings the spirit of the season to life through special entertainment, along with delicious food at the Festive Foods Marketplace, which features a mix of holiday dishes and beverages that bridge many diverse cultures and family traditions.
- Festival of Holidays entertainment also includes musical and dance performances by the mischievous Holiday Toy Drummers, Mostly Kosher, Blue13 Dance Company, The Sound, and the GRAMMY® Award-winning Mariachi Divas.
- The Three Caballeros also host the popular “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” street party celebration, featuring folklórico and samba dancers, live musicians, and Mickey and Minnie in their fiesta best.
- In addition, Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival welcomes the adventurous and kindhearted Princess Elena of Avalor, her magical friend Skylar and royal dancers as they share the joy of the holidays in this charming musical celebration.
Disneyland Holiday Season At California Adventure Park Cont.
- The residents of Cars Land decorate for the Holidays, too. Each address along Route 66 – Flo’s V8 Café, Fillmore’s Taste-In, Cozy Cone Motel, Luigi’s Casa della Tires and more – gets a holiday makeover that reflects the personality of its “Cars” character resident. Plus, two attractions put the holiday cheer into overdrive, transforming into Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Jingle Jamboree.
- Guests can also enjoy special holiday-themed activities with Santa Claus and his sleigh full of mischievous elves at Santa’s Holiday Visit. You can find them at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail through Dec. 24. Furthermore, from Dec. 25 through Jan. 6. Guests may encounter Santa Goofy in this festive location too.
- When night falls, guests may stroll through the Grizzly Peak area. It’s here that they experience a magical touch of winter, with an occasional snowfall!
- Last but not least, a dazzling, 50-foot Christmas tree adorns Carthay Circle along Buena Vista Street. The tree and surrounding buildings, inspired by Los Angeles as it appeared when Walt Disney arrived in the 1920s, are decorated with vintage-style ornaments.
Disneyland Resort Holiday Season At Disneyland Park
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle enchants from day to night with its shimmering icicles and twinkling lights. After dark, “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular and its magical snowfall finale also create lasting holiday memories.
- Mickey, Minnie, Disney Princesses and Santa celebrate the season in “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, a daily procession with floats, music and marching “tin soldiers.”
- Guests will be amazed by the 60-foot tall Christmas tree in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A. Filled with nearly 1,800 ornaments, the tree is a picturesque sight where friends and family gather to take holiday photos each year.
- Also, Disneyland guests definitely will want to experience the popular seasonal transformations of these park attractions:
- “it’s a small world” becomes “it’s a small world” Holiday with dolls and toys representing children around the world enjoying the distinctive holiday traditions of their countries.
- Haunted Mansion becomes Haunted Mansion Holiday,* with Jack Skellington and his friends from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” causing a collision between Christmas and Halloween.
The Downtown Disney shopping, dining and entertainment district and the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort also join the holiday festivities. Come experience the twinkling lights and ornaments, holiday displays, special entertainment and holiday-inspired eats and treats.
*Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2018 and 2019 packages available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Facebook