Sailing On Disney Cruise Line DCL with Little Ones
Planning for a Disney Cruise can be incredibly exciting! But it can also be stressful, especially if you are traveling with little ones. Disney Cruise Line welcomes sailors ages 6 months and up, (1 year and up for Transatlantic and Panama Canal sailings). Parents can relax knowing DCL has thought of nearly everything when it comes to infants and toddlers on board. Here are a few tips to help make your Disney Cruise a truly magical experience for both you and your little ones!
Complimentary Items Available Onboard
To make packing easier and parents worry much less, you can find all of these items onboard to use, completely free of charge.
- Diaper disposal units, bottle warmers, bottle sterilizers, cribs and playpens are available upon request from the stateroom host/hostess.
- Strollers are available at Guest Services.
- Pack-n-Play portable cribs are available. Your stateroom host or hostess can set the crib up and take it down for you each day.
- High chairs are available at all of the restaurants onboard.
- At Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, complimentary wagons are available to facilitate navigating the island’s sandy beaches.
- Fresh pureed vegetables can be prepared at the main dining rooms and through room service, upon request.
All complimentary services and amenities are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Items Available For Purchase
So you’re onboard on Day 1 and ready to have a magical vacation with your family when you realize you left a few things at home that baby will need. No worries! Disney Cruise Line has a wide selection of baby items available for purchase at the onboard merchandise stores. These include the following:
- Training pants
- Rash cream
- Infant formula (ready to feed)
- Baby food
- Baby shampoo
- Baby lotion
- Baby powder
Please note: Guests may bring baby food and formula onboard the ship as carry-on items as long as they are pre-packaged, unopened and do not require any food preparation from the kitchen .
“it’s a small world” Nursery
Parents can enjoy a little adult time onboard Disney Cruise Line ships with the help of the “it’s a small world” nursery, found on all four Disney ships.
“it’s a small world” nursery! consists of 3 distinct areas:
- An acclimation zone, designed to help youngsters adjust to their new environment
- A main play area featuring a 3D façade of the “small world” attraction, filled with hidden interactive delights
- A separate quiet room for naps
“it’s a small world” nursery is available for sailors ages 3 and under. Disney’s trained counselors are on hand ready to entertain, soothe, play, and create magic while mom and dad get some time to explore other Disney Cruise Line offerings.
Because space at “it’s a small world” nursery! is extremely limited, plan to book your child’s stay as early as possible.
Advance reservations are required and can be made online:
- Up to 120 days ahead for Concierge and Platinum Castaway Club Guests
- Up to 105 days ahead for Gold Castaway Club Guests
- Up to 90 days ahead for Silver Castaway Club Guests
- Up to 75 days ahead for all other Guests
Reservations can also be made on a first-come, first-served basis during the open house on Embarkation Day or anytime throughout your cruise.
Childcare at “it’s a small world” nursery! is available at the following rates:
- $4.50 per half hour for the first child
- $4.00 per half hour for any additional children in your family
Please note: the minimum reservation time is one hour.
My Disney Cruise Adventure Booklet
Going a cruise can be incredibly exciting for young sailors. A great way for them to prepare and learn about their upcoming Disney cruise is to download this super fun, complimentary booklet. There are sections for them to write, draw, and keep track of all of their activities while preparing for the cruise, as well as once onboard.
Source Credit: Disney Cruise Line
Would you like a Disney destination vacation? Did you know that I can book and plan your entire trip for FREE? Contact me today at MickeyTravels for your FREE, no obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. You can find me on Facebook or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.