Discover the Delights of Disney’s Downtown District
The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in an exciting mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment. Throughout 2018, Downtown Disney has embarked on a promenade-wide transformation. Multiple new venues and significant refurbishments to marquee dining and retail locations, including the World of Disney store, are taking place throughout the year while Downtown Disney remains open to guests.
VIBRANT SETTING YEAR-ROUND
The Downtown Disney District has something for everyone with an assortment of shopping options, delicious dining and world-class entertainment open to the general public 365 days a year.
At Downtown Disney, guests gather, relax and create memories with daily atmospheric music and entertainment. From Splitsville Luxury Lanes to The VOID’s hyper reality experience, fun for the whole family is only a few steps away.
ABUNDANCE OF FLAVOR
There are approximately 15 different food and beverage locations, each offering unique settings and flavors. There is something for every taste—from open-air cafés and craft cocktails, to gourmet treats on-the-go and exquisite sit-down meals. Newest to open is Salt & Straw, a scoop shop offering handmade ice cream in small batches using local, organic and sustainable ingredients.
PROXIMITY TO THE MAGIC
The Downtown Disney District is conveniently located in the heart of all the action and is easily accessible for guests of the Disneyland Resort. From here, guests can walk to Downtown Disney from Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park and the three on-property hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
WORLD OF DISNEY
The flagship World of Disney store at Downtown Disney offers the largest selection of Disney toys, souvenirs, accessories, collectibles and more at the Disneyland Resort. World of Disney is currently being reimagined into a new, dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment. World of Disney remains open to guests for shopping during the majority of the refurbishment, with work expected to be completed in fall of 2018.
RECENTLY OPENED & COMING SOON
- The family-run ice cream company, Salt & Straw, is now open in Downtown Disney. The scoop shop is known for its taste-provoking, imaginative ice cream creations, which also uniquely capture the spirit of classic Americana.
- Guests can step into the Star Wars universe during the new multi-sensory experience. This experience is called Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID. The hyper-reality experience transports guests into the rebellion, allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the space.
- The new Splitsville Luxury Lanes features 20 luxury bowling lanes interspersed throughout two floors, four dining areas (indoors and out), 25 flat screen TVs and live music 365 days a year. Also, with a menu featuring fresh-rolled sushi, mouth-watering burgers and hand-tossed pizzas, Splitsville offers a one-of-a-kind dining and entertainment experience in a California-cool environment.
- Disney Home offers fans a variety of Disney-themed home-related treasures from glass ware to linens, kitchen goods and more. Furthermore, this carefully curated assortment of home goods available changes seasonally for guest shopping enjoyment.
- The Disney Dress Shop is a fan-favorite boutique offering retro-designed apparel and accessories. Also, all items are inspired by favorite Disney characters and theme park attractions.
- Ballast Point will open in late 2018 to house Downtown Disney’s first on-site brewery. It will also offer a tasting room, kitchen and outdoor beer garden. Orange County’s first location for the popular craft brewer will serve its iconic beers, including its flagship Sculpin IPA. They will also serve exclusive, limited-edition beers available only at Downtown Disney.
- And, last but not least, Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes is coming too. It will open its first California location also in the heart of Downtown Disney. The menu will include its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes.
MORE FUN FACTS ABOUT DISNEY’S DOWNTOWN DISTRICT
- Also, the 20-acre, 300,000 square-foot avenue features approximately 30 distinct venues. These locations include Catal Restaurant, Sprinkles, La Brea Bakery Café, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Tortilla Jo’s, Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria, WonderGround Gallery, Curl Surf, PANDORA Jewelry and more.
- In addition, Sephora offers guests the very latest in makeup, skincare, men’s and women’s fragrance. This Paris-based beauty superstore also carries a range of hair care, tools, accessories and solutions for everyone’s beauty needs.
- Beautiful landscaping, seasonal horticulture and colorful florals also dot Downtown Disney.
- With valid park admission, guests can board the Disneyland Monorail at Downtown Disney. Guests will enjoy an approximate 13-minute ride around the resort while they sit back and enjoy the aerial views.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2018 and 2019 packages available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow me on Facebook