2018 Disney Accelerator Demo Day To Be Live Streamed Tomorrow
Tomorrow Wednesday, October 10, The Walt Disney Company will showcase the companies participating in the 2018 Disney Accelerator program. This program connects select companies from around the world with the creativity, imagination and expertise of Disney. Furthermore, it gives them unique access to the Company’s leadership team, mentorship and support.
This year’s participants include an edtech company based in India and a renewable power company from New York City. Also included is an augmented reality platform that brings people together in new and exciting ways. As a result, these companies and their fellow 2018 participants will share a look at their bright futures during the fifth annual Demo Day. The event will be live streamed worldwide on ABCNews.com, beginning at 2:30 p.m. PT.
“Over the past five years, we’ve had the privilege of working with leading entrepreneurs from around the world and exploring collaborations with the potential to change the landscape of media and entertainment,” said Michael Abrams, Senior Vice President, Innovation, The Walt Disney Company.
“Our portfolio of Disney Accelerator companies has collaborated with our businesses to drive innovation, developing cutting-edge technology and creating incredible new products. We look forward to continuing to multiply those efforts industry-wide for years to come.”
The Disney Accelerator 2018 speakers include:
- Ethan Agarwal, Founder and CEO, Aaptiv: a leading provider of premium digital wellness content. Aaptiv has a fast-growing community of over 200,000 members. As a result, these members take more than 30,000 of Aaptiv’s innovative audio guided classes each day.
- Pravin Prakash, Co-Founding Student and Chief Marketing Officer, BYJU’s: BYJU’s is India’s largest edtech company. Consequently this company is reinventing how students learn through its learning app with personalized video.
- Ben Keighran, Founder and CEO, Caffeine: a social broadcasting platform for live gaming, entertainment, and creative arts.
- Joanna McFarland, Co-founder and CEO, HopSkipDrive: HopSkipDrive is a leader in technology-enabled ride services for kids. Therefore, it serves families, K–12 schools, nonprofits and businesses that serve children.
- Anjney Midha, Co-Founder and CEO, Ubiquity6: a massively multiplayer augmented reality platform focused on bringing people together in physical spaces.
- Jessica O. Matthews, Founder and CEO, Uncharted Power: an award-winning renewable power company that specializes in harnessing the energy from motion. Consequently, to create entire ecosystems of power for communities around the world.
- Noah Horton, Founder and CEO, Unsupervised: Unsupervised is a company that helps teams find hidden insights in their data. They have built an AI based on unsupervised learning. Hence, it finds actionable insights in data without requiring human guidance or supervision.
This year’s Demo Day will also include a TED fireside chat with Fadi Chehadé, a Partner at ABRY Partners, who serves on the World Economic Forum’s Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution advisory board. Fadi is a member of the UN Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel on Digital Cooperation.
He is also serial entrepreneur, having built and sold three Internet content delivery companies including the AI company Vocado acquired by Oracle, and is the former CEO of ICANN and former General Manager of IBM Global Technology Services in the Middle East and Africa.
Since the launch of Disney Accelerator in 2014, numerous companies have continued to collaborate with various divisions of the Company on a wide range of innovative, industry-leading products.
- littleBits had the No. 1 tech toy on Amazon during last year’s holiday season with the Droid Inventor Kit. This summer it launched the Avengers Hero Inventor Kit. This Kit lets kids create and customize high-tech hero gear and a unique Super Hero identity using littleBits electronic blocks and the littleBits app.
- The VOID and ILMxLAB, in collaboration with Lucasfilm, created the location-based hyper-reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire. Consequently, it has launched in several locations around the world. Also, The VOID and ILMxLAB recently announced two upcoming multi-sensory, fully immersive experiences. Most noteworthy is Ralph Breaks VR which will debut this fall. Another, a new adventure from Marvel Studios is coming in 2019.
- Epic Games, developers of Unreal Engine and Fortnight, is collaborating with Lucasfilm. They are bringing the power of Epic’s Unreal Engine real-time rendering to live-action production for the first time ever. This is a new series for Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer streaming service launching late next year.
The Disney Accelerator Demo Day will live stream worldwide on ABCNews.com and ABC News mobile and OTT apps for Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV. It will kick off on October 10 at 2:30 p.m. PT. So make sure you tune in!
Source Credit: The Walt Disney Company
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2018 and 2019 packages available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Facebook.