Don’t Miss PhotoPass Day at Disney World and Disneyland
Last year’s PhotoPass Day was a massive success for Disney Parks! In celebration of the guests who have enhanced their vacations by adding PhotoPass to their ticket packages, Disney rolled out the red carpet by way of exclusive one-day-only photo opportunities across their Resorts.
Based on the guests’ hugely positive response- and probably the social media attention Disney received from fans’ postings- the event is back again this year! No matter which coast you call home, you’ll have the opportunity to strike your most Disney-inspired poses with limited time Magic Shots and props in front of new backgrounds!
Plus, some rare characters will be making appearances throughout the day, so be sure to pick up a times guide on August 19th to make sure you fit in all of your favorites! So, how can you celebrate this one-day-only event at your favorite Disney Park? Let’s find out!
West coasters, you’re up first! On August 19, you have been cordially invited to Disneyland Resort to participate in PhotoPass Day! Here are the details and a few examples of the awesome Magic Shots and props you’ll have the chance to experience:
DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- Meet Joy and Sadness: Paradise Gardens Park across from Jumpin’ Jellyfish from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Doctor Strange or Loki heroic encounter: near the Hollywood Backlot Stage from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Photo opportunities (available until 7 p.m.):
- Koda Magic Shot: near the sawmill in Grizzly Peak
- Huey, Dewey and Louie Magic Shot: near the entrance to the Hyperion Theater
- Russell’s grape soda bottlecap pin prop: Grizzly Peak waterfall
- Piston Cup prop: entrance to Cars Land
- Clapperboard prop: “Storytellers” statue on Buena Vista Street
- Meet Marie: Toon Park in Mickey’s Toontown from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Meet Hook and Mr. Smee: near “it’s a small world” from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Photo opportunities (available until 7 p.m.):
- Dumbo Magic Shot: next to Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Mickey Ice Cream Bar Magic Shot: at the Town Square flagpole
- Fairy Wings Magic Shot: near Pixie Hollow
- Mickey pretzel prop: in front of Main Street Photo Supply Co.
Walt Disney World Resort
- Peter Pan Shadow Magic Shot: between the LEGO® Store and World of Disney®
- Original Selfie Magic Shot: outside of the Disney PhotoPass Studio
- Special balloons virtual background: at the Disney PhotoPass Studio
- Meet Bolt: Discovery Island Trails from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Meet Baloo and King Louie: Upcountry Landing in Asia from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Huey, Dewey and Louie Magic Shot: DinoLand U.S.A.
- Kevin Magic Shot: near “UP! A Great Bird Adventure”
- Russell’s grape soda bottlecap pin prop: near “UP! A Great Bird Adventure”
- Finding Nemo prop: near “Finding Nemo – The Musical”
- Kilimanjaro Safaris prop: near the attraction entrance
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- Meet Jawas: Star WarsLaunch Bay Cantina from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rizzo Magic Shot: near Muppet★Vision 3D
- Green Army Man Magic Shot: near the entrance to Slinky Dog Dash
- Hollywood Tower Hotel luggage prop: Sunset Boulevard
- Beauty and the Beast light painting next to Theater of the Stars (available from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
- Meet Cruella de Vil: United Kingdom Pavilion from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Meet Jafar: Morocco Pavilion from 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Original Selfie Magic Shot: France Pavilion (available from noon to 8 p.m.)
- World Traveler Magic Shots: available at all 11 countries in World Showcase (available from noon to 8 p.m.)
- Baby Groot Magic Shot: Future World East at the galaxy-themed wall
- Finding Nemo prop: near The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Spaceship Earth prop: near the attraction entrance
- Meet Pinocchio and Geppetto: near Pinocchio Village Haus from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Dole Whip Magic Shot: across from Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Dumbo Magic Shot: near Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Mickey Mouse Magic Shot: on the bridge near Fairytale Garden
- Jungle Cruise prop: near the attraction entrance
- Pretzel prop: Purple Wall near Tomorrowland Terrace (available from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below!
Special thanks to Maria Salerno for writing this article: Hiya pal! I am a NYC-based writer thrilled to be a part of your Disney vacation planning! I’m a WDW Annual Passholder, so you can find me in the parks regularly throughout the year. In addition to being a Disney Parks loving girl, I’m also a Disney toy and merchandise collector, a runDisney enthusiast, and Disney music and movie aficionado. You can follow me on Instagram: NYCtoAP and find me on YouTube: NYCtoAP. Thanks for reading, hope to see ya real soon!