5 New Additions to This Year’s Food and Wine Festival
The 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival kicks off at Epcot in just a few short weeks. This year we can expect the return of many fan favorites from workshops, seminars and unique dining events to fantastic entertainment, global marketplaces brimming with incredible food and an opportunity to learn some tricks of the trade from leading culinary talents from around the World. Each year Disney World also throws a few new offerings in to the mix! With that in mind, we are excited to share these 5-new additions to the already impressive 2018 Food & Wine Festival Line-up.
1. New Dishes to Discover – Each year Disney’s culinary team is hard at work putting together a delicious menu of delights featuring fan favorites as well as new enticing treats. Here’s a couple of the new creations that you definitely want to try when visiting the global marketplaces this season.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese, and Pumpkin Seeds – (pictured) Be on the lookout for this scrumptious vegetarian offering at The Wine & Dine Studio.
- Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak – You’ll find this tasty dish at Flavors from Fire. It comes with smoked a corn cake, pickled vegetable slaw and cilantro.
- New Brunswick Slider: Head over to the Hops & Barley Marketplace for this slow-braised Beef Brisket served up “pot roast style) with horseradish cream, and crispy fried onions on a potato roll with a side of pickled vegetables. \
2. Disney Du Jour Dance Party – Parents bringing small children to Disney World during Food and Wine Festival time often wonder if there’s enough to keep little ones occupied at Epcot. The answer is a resounding yes! Each year the Festival offers a variety of festivities for kids to enjoy. A new addition to this year’s line-up is the Disney Du Jour Dance Party. During this special event held on Friday and Saturday evenings, kids will be able to immerse themselves in an interactive atmosphere where they can dance and play along with a cast of Disney’s much-loved characters. Other child-friendly Food & Wine Festival activities include:
- Food & Wine Playground – Little ones can burn off excess energy while playing in this specially designed Festival playground filled with fun little Disney surprises.
- Junior Chef Kitchen present by Krusteaz – The perfect hands-on opportunity for your little chefs-in-the-making. Not only do kids to make delicious treats but they get to eat them too! This program is complimentary and runs every Sunday at the Festival Center.
- Candy Sushi Presented by Skittles and Adventures by Disney- Kids get an introductory course in sushi-rolling but with delicious sweets for them to enjoy!
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide ‘n’ Squeak Scavenger Hunt – This popular scavenger hunt around the World Showcase will be back for another year. Kids of all ages need to be on the lookout for Remy who is hiding at various locations throughout the World Showcase. Find all his hiding spots and get a special treat!
3. New Acts at This Year’s Eat to the Beat Concert Series – A highlight of the Food & Wine Festival each year is the Eat to the Beat Concert Series where you’ll find a range of wonderful acts from the 70’s, 80’s 90’s and more! Held at the American Gardens Theater, these concerts occur 3 times nightly and are in included in the cost of your Epcot admission tickets. You’ll find several of your favorite musical acts back for another year as well as the following performers who will be gracing the stage for the first time. Check them out!
- Mercy Me- September 7 – September 5, 2018 – you may know through their hit songs “I Can Only Imagine and “Dear Younger Me”
- Glass Tiger – September 6 – September 7, 2018- known for hit songs “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone) and “Someday”
- Tauren Wells – September 8 – September 9, 2018 – who’s hit songs include “Hills and Valleys” and “When We Pray”
- Vertical Horizon – September 12 – September 13, 2018 – Known for their songs “Everything You Want and “You’re a God.”
- Sheila E- September 22 – September 23, 2018- Known for songs “The Glamorous Life” and “A Love Bizarre.”
- Jim Belushi & The Sacred Hearts – October 1- October 2, 2018 – Will be performing their soulful rhythm and blues covers.
- Anderson East – October 11 – October 12, 2018 – Known for his songs “All on My Mind” and “Satisfy Me”
- 98 Degrees – October 15 – October 16, 2018 – Known for their songs “Because of You” and “Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)
- High Valley – November 1 – November 2, 2018 – Their songs include “She’s With Me” and “Make You Mine”
4. Celebrity Chefs – The Food and Wine Festival is always a wonderful opportunity to learn a few tricks of the trade from some of your favorite celebrities in the culinary world. This year Disney has enlisted the epicurean elite to ensure that this is one of the most spectacular festivals on record. Here’s a look at some of the chefs visiting the Food and Wine Festival for the very first time:
- Brian Collaro
- Dan Pashman
- John Rivers
- Juliana Evans (pictured)
- Justin Wangler
- Mike Kravanis
- Mike Ward
- Richard Blais
- Sheldon Simeon
- Tiffani Thiessen
5. Sunday Brunch with the Chef – We are pretty darn excited about this brand new Sunday offerings. Visitors to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival can start your day in a fun and delicious way with a brunch buffet followed by a conversation with a distinguished culinary television personality. Here are some of the guests lined up for this year!
- Richard Blais
- Jamie Deen
- Tiffani Thiessen (pictured)
- Masaharu Morimoto
- Buddy Valastro
- Art Smith
- Geoffrey Zakarian
- Carla Hall
- Alex Guarnaschelli
These are just a handful of the new happenings that you’ll find at this year’s Fest. Keep following along with MickeyBlog throughout the Food and Wine Festival Season for the most up-to-date news and happenings.
Why not check out the 2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival for yourself? Wonderful vacation packages are still available to book! Fill out our form below and a MickeyTravels agent will be in touch with your FREE, no obligation quote!
Image credit Disney and GraciouslySweet.com