6 Reasons Why We Love Cars Land at Disney California Adventure
One of our favorite things about paying a visit to Disneyland Resort in California has to be spending time at the wonderfully imagined Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park. From fast-paced attractions, great eats, impressive surroundings and fun details we think a visit here should be at the top of your must-do list. To give you a sample of the fun that awaits here are 6 of our favorite things about this area of the parks!
1. Radiator Springs Racers – Let’s cut right to the chase (no pun intended), this fantastic race simulator is one of our favorite attractions in all of Disneyland Resort. Fans of the Pixar Cars franchise will get the chance to board a 6-person car for what starts off to be a serene journey through Ornament Valley before you head off through the hillside on a face-paced race that rivals anything you’ve seen in the films. From much-loved Pixar characters, incredible animatronics and speed, speed speed, this ride has it all. As one of the most popular rides at California Adventure, crowds remain consistently high throughout the day definitely making it a good use of a Fastpass!
2. Supercharged Shakes at Flo’s V8 Cafe – There’s a ton of great menu items at this Cars Land Quick Service eatery but in our book, nothing quite tops the incredible Supercharged Shakes you’ll find here. On hand, you’ll find the classic flavors like chocolate, vanilla and strawberry each topped with Road Gravel, a crunch cookies and cream topping that is nothing short of delicious. There’s also a special shake currently on offer which is sure to bring back memories of childhood. The Supercharged Creamy Orange Shake is like the dreamsicles you remember as a child. This orange shake is topped with whipped cream and orange sprinkles. The shakes cost $5.99 or $9.99 if you opt for the souvenir take-home container.
4. Cadillac Range Mountain – This towering Cars Land Mountain Range is an ideal location for photographers looking for that perfect backdrop. The six mountain peaks you’ll find in this area were created to resemble the fins of classic Cadillac cars from the 50’s and 60’s. When Imagineers were creating this breathtaking landscape, they also drew their inspiration from the Cadillac Ranch art installation located on Route 66 near Amarillo, Texas.
5. Cars-themed Churros at the Cozy Cone Motel – No visit to Disneyland Resort would be complete without sampling a churro or two and Cars Land has some of our favorites. Head over to Cone 1 at the Cozy Cone Motel and order up churros in one of three distinct racing stripes. You have the choice of red, blue or yellow colored cinnamon sugar. Pick up one (or all three) for $4.79 each.
6. Perfect Rides for Tiny Tots – For those visiting Disney California Adventure with pint-sized guests, Cars Land offers two fun attractions that little ones will love. Both Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi’s Rollicking Roadsters are fun midway-style rides that feature much-loved Cars characters, fun soundtracks and just the right amount of thrills for small visitors. With a height requirement of 32″ those not tall enough to ride some parks thrill rides will definitely want to make a pit stop here.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our little tour of Cars Land at California Adventure and that we’ve convinced you to spend a bit of time here during your next Disneyland visit.
Speaking of a trip to Disneyland, there are still fantastic packages to be had through until the end of 2018. Reach out to the team at MickeyTravels, bill filling out our form below to receive your FREE quote.