Your Ultimate Guide to the Pixar Play Zone
Attention parents, your ticket to a night out on your Walt Disney World Resort vacation has arrived! Well, you actually aren’t the ones who need the ticket…but your kids do! Wanting to spend an evening bar hopping at Disney Springs, sampling the foods beverages of Fresh Epcot, or hitting the boards for a late night at Disney’s Boardwalk is understandable, and it’s now within reach! As of April 13, Disney’s Contemporary Resort will roll out the red carpet for children ages 4-12 when the Pixar Play Zone opens its doors!
Designed for parents who want to spend an evening engaging in activities meant for those 21 years and older, Pixar Play Zone is the answer many parents have long awaited. You can head out for an evening of adult fun kid-free…its no fun to try to drag them along with you when they’d rather be experiencing Disney! Honestly though, I think the Pixar Play Zone looks like a much better time than going out to a bar, and I have an inkling most kids would feel the same way! Before your next vacation, check out everything the Pixar Play Zone has to offer for your kids- and for you!
- Meant for ages 4-12, the Pixar-themed space will transport kids to the worlds of the best Pixar movies out there (Toy Story, Cars, The Incredibles) while the adults can spend an evening alone.
- You must reserve a spot in advance
- Good to Know- Parents must accompany their child in-person for drop-off, and a parent must be present for pick up
- Don’t worry about feeding your kids beforehand; dinner and dessert are included!
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort (If you’re not staying at the Contemporary, you can still make a reservation!)
- $65 + tax
Step Inside the Play Zone
Alright, now that all of the boring, straightforward stuff is out of the way, let’s get to it! The most exciting part of the evening…the Play Zone itself!
- Activities include :
- A trip to Space Ranger Training with a licensed Space Ranger. Do your children have what it takes to spot enemy ships?
- A room entitled “Bonnie’s Playroom” that is filled with toys for kids to play with
- Woody’s Roundup is led by Woody and Jessie and will include dancing, singing, and a rootin’ tootin’ good time!
- Radiator Springs Racetrack is where they’ll feel the need for speed as kids are invited to build their own race cars from scratch, then challenge each other to race them down a track!
- The Incredibles just might stop in if they get a break from saving the day. Just in case, you’d better bring your dancing shoes, because I’ve heard this incredible family knows how to put on a mean dance party!
- Classic arcade games, like pinball and sim racing, will be available throughout the evening.
- Dinner and dessert!
It seems as though the evening will be set up similarly to what you’d expect the structure of a traditional children’s birthday party to be with activities, a meal, and more activities! To me, $65 originally seemed like a hefty price, but if you think about it, the experience is essentially a character dining experience with the addition of awesome dance parties and activities! Not too bad…especially since it’ll allow you to gallivant the night away, guilt-free! What do you think of the Pixar Play Zone? Do you think it’s a good idea? Let us know in the comments below!
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, fill out the form below!
Special thanks to Maria Salerno for writing this article: Hiya pal! I am a NYC-based writer/musician thrilled to be bringing you all things Disney! I’m a WDW Annual Passholder, so you can find me in the parks regularly throughout the year. In addition to being a Disney Parks loving girl, I’m also a Disney toy and merchandise collector, a runDisney enthusiast, and Disney music and movie aficionado. You can follow me on Instagram: NYCtoAP and find me on YouTube: NYCtoAP. Thanks for reading, hope to see ya real soon!