National Beer Day at Walt Disney World
When I think of summer in the United States two things come to mind: vacation and sun. It’s still only April, but the temperatures outside have permanently climbed out of the 20’s and it’s got me in full-on summer vacation planning mode. My friends have been blowing up my inbox with notices for spring sales at our favorite stores, photos of brilliant blue skies and shockingly white sandy beaches I’m still aren’t sure exist on earth. You can say we’ve got a bit of a summer itch!
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World this week, your summer has arrived much sooner than mine! Since you’re already experiencing the temperatures I’m longing for, it’s time to move onto phase 2 of vacation-mode and get a drink in your hand asap. At Walt Disney World- especially during Fresh Epcot- you won’t have to search too hard.
If sipping on a cold beer in the hot sun is your idea of a dream day, you’re in luck! National Beer Day is April 7 this year, and the list of tap-able brews is lengthier in 2018 than ever before! With literally hundreds of beers available property-wide, some direction to your search is certainly necessary. Whether you’re in the mood for a small sampler or a giant pint, you can find whatever your beer-loving tastebuds are after right here at Walt Disney World!
For the Traditionalist
- Birra Moretti- Italy Pavilion. While you’re visiting Italy, be sure to pick up one of the beers imported directly from Italy! This lighter, yet very flavorfully refreshing beer is perfect for an afternoon stroll.
- Raglan Road- Disney Springs. The Irish pub boasts a beer menu of more than 2 dozen varieties! From Irish import to American (domestic), everyone will find what they’re after. If you can’t decide, the Guinness is always flowing here!
- Innis and Gunn- UK Beer Cart- You needn’t set food inside the Rose and Crown pub in the UK pavilion for some of the best beer on Disney Property! Pulled from an outdoor keg, Innis and Gunn is an oaky Scottish beer that gets its flavor from its time spent in oak barrels…yum!
- Casa- Morocco Pavilion- Imported from Morocco, this refreshing lager is perfect for a hot afternoon. You can find it at Spice Road Table.
- Beer Flight- Bauernnmarkt: Farmer’s Market- Definitely don’t pass up your opportunity to taste some of the beers offered at the Outdoor Kitchens during Fresh Epcot! This flight features Paulaner Original Munich Lager, Ayinger Bräu Weisse Hefeweizen, and Köstritzer Schwarzbier Black Lager.
- Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale- Trader Sam’s Grogg Grotto- Although the specialty cocktails are the draw here, this Pale Ale is a hearty, malty, satisfying beer without the ‘heaviness’.
- Create Your Own Beer Flight- Baseline Tap House- At Hollywood Studios, the brand-new Baseline Tap House lets you choose your own beer flight from more than 20 on tap beers!
For the Adventurous
If you’re not big into beer, are looking for something extraordinary, or don’t care for the drink at all (me!), you can still celebrate National Beer Day at Walt Disney World with a more nontraditional take on the hoppy beverage. While each of these are still, in essence, beer, their quirky flavor profiles make them perfect for toasting to springtime and warmer weather in a fun new way! Here are the highlights:
- Blueberry IPA- Berry Basket (Fresh Epcot)- A true IPA, but with sweeter, less wheat-y notes.
- Butterfly Milk Stout- Florida Fresh (Fresh Epcot) – I haven’t tasted this one, but I want to purchase it not only for its non-traditional texture and flavor, but because a percentage of all profit goes towards the conservation of gardens local butterflies use as food sources! Save the butterflies and the day by buying one for everyone in your party!
- Hawkes’ Grog Ale- Pandora- This beer is straight from another world: Pandora! It’s green hue is a bit off-putting, but don’t worry, the flavors are fruity and light and pair perfectly with a meal from Satu’li Canteen
- Orange Blossom Pilsner- Honey Bee Stro (Fresh Epcot)- This one’s name says it all. I like it because it’s brewed in Florida.
- Daisy Spicy Beer- Jardin de Fiestas (Fresh Epcot)- If you’re looking for a different ‘kick’ than then ABV% already in your beer, this one is for you! From what I hear the spice isn’t overpowering, but it is certainly non-traditional!
- Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker Ale- Baseline Tap House- If you don’t like beer because of it’s bitter flavor, give this one a try! It’s definitely more fruity than hoppy.
It’s tempting to want to taste all of these beers (plus the other 100’s of others available across Walt Disney World property) but you’ll have to choose wisely if you want to stand on your own two feet on National Beer Day. I’ve already admitted that I am not a fan of beer, but I can assure you that each of the above recommendations have been taste tested by multiple friends and members of my family, and all have won the praises of each who have tasted them! You can’t go wrong with any of the options on this list, but we want to know which you will choose. Let us know in the comments below, cheers!
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog,com! For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, fill out the form below!
Special thanks to Maria Salerno for writing this article: Hiya pal! I am a NYC-based writer/musician thrilled to be bringing you all things Disney! I’m a WDW Annual Passholder, so you can find me in the parks regularly throughout the year. In addition to being a Disney Parks loving girl, I’m also a Disney toy and merchandise collector, a runDisney enthusiast, and Disney music and movie aficionado. You can follow me on Instagram: NYCtoAP and find me on YouTube: NYCtoAP. Thanks for reading, hope to see ya real soon!