Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party or Flurry of Fun?
When you think of Christmas, often we picture sitting by the fire with our hot chocolate or eggnog while watching Christmas movies. Christmas is arguably the best time of year, but also the most stressful as well. From the time October hits, Christmas decorations begin to appear in the stores, and in that moment we are reminded how much must be done before the 25th of December. Just over two months! Why is it that the start of the year always begins slow, but towards the end there is not nearly enough time? Sometimes we just need to get away from the responsibilities, even during the most joyous time of year.
As a child I always relished in Christmas; putting up the tree and lights with my dad as well as counting the days until Santa would arrive. Not every year but sometimes we would go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party with family friends. I can recall counting the days just as if it were Christmas Eve. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party was a way to unwind. Walt Disney World always does an exceptional job of incorporating parties, events, or even festivals during the holidays, whether it is Halloween, Christmas or another holiday that may not be as commercialized. Personally, I enjoy their Christmas festivities the best, but I may be bias because of my love for Christmas.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
With Disney, regardless of our age; when we are watching a Disney film, visiting the park for a day or enjoying one of their parties, for the time being we all are kids and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is just another example of this. This party is a special event that takes place at Magic Kingdom during the Christmas season from 7 in the evening to midnight through December 22 on select dates. Because this is a special celebration, a separate ticket for the event will need to be purchased, but it does not need to be accompanied by a theme park ticket if you are only coming for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. During the event the park is transformed into a Winter Wonderland with glittering Christmas decorations and lights, snow on Main Street, as well as a night of engaging entertainment and great food. Now, the most important question, what does the night entail?
- Rides: During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, most of the park’s rides will still be open to guests. There will be a few closed, but overall you can still enjoy your favorites until midnight. Luckily because there are so many other activities taking place on this magical night, ride lines are not too bad.
- Character Meet And Greets: With this event, meeting characters is one of the highlights of the night. During the night, you have the opportunity to meet and take photos with rare characters (including Santa Claus as well), which you would not otherwise see during the regular day.
- Christmas Sweets & Refreshments: At the party, free cookies (snicker doodle, snowmen butter, ginger molasses and peppermint bark) hot chocolate, blue snow cones, eggnog, and apple ciders are offered complementary throughout the park.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish: The evening kicks off with Anna and Elsa from Frozen, leading the celebration with their friends on the castle’s outside stage. Elsa uses her powers to transform Cinderella’s Castle into an ice palace.
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: This is a live show in which Mickey and his friends celebrate the Christmas season through dance and music.
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade: This holiday parade features dancing gingerbread men, marching toy soldiers, some of your favorite Disney characters making an appearance, Santa Claus and more, while bringing magic to the holiday season!
- Holiday Wishes: At Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, this is another time in the night to celebrate the spirit of the holidays through a fireworks show. As the fireworks are lightening the sky, you can hear holiday tunes in the background.
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas: This show involves characters from Tomorrowland attractions; such as Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, and Mike Wazowski. They join a singing host and cast of dancers to entertain guests with holiday songs.
Flurry Of Fun
Now you know all about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, is there is even competition for another that can measure up? Possibly. For those who do not enjoy trying to navigate their way throughout the park to get to everything in a limited amount of time with large lines and crowds, then Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party may not be as magical for you as you would like. Instead, Flurry of Fun may be the better option out of the two. It is still full of fun festivities but lesshectic and more relaxed. The special event takes place at Hollywood Studios during the Christmas season every night through December 31. Even though this is a holiday celebration, Flurry of Fun is included in your admission ticket; therefore there is no extra cost to experience the event. During the event the park is decorated with Christmas décor, snow falling, there is entertainment and tons of seasonal food and drinks to enjoy throughout the night. Once again, what does the night entail?
- Rides and Attractions: During Flurry of Fun, all attractions and rides will remain open as normal throughout the event.
- Character Meet And Greets: With this event, there are certain locations in the park where you have the opportunity to meet and take photos with some of your favorite characters, including Santa Claus as well.
- Christmas Sweets & Refreshments: At the celebration, there are a multitude of opportunities to enjoy a variety of Christmas cookies & goodies, hot chocolate, and holiday drinks (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) that you can enjoy throughout the night, but they are not complementary, therefore they must be purchased.
- Sunset Seasons Greetings: This is a fifteen-minute show that features projections of Disney characters sharing their favorite Christmas stories, while the billboards are brought to life, and transforms Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam: This is a holiday show that combines projections, fireworks, special effects and Christmas music to create a magical holiday experience.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam, Dessert Party: With this, guests can watch Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam with reserved viewing of the show. This also includes holiday snacks, desserts, wine, beer, as well as specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. There will also be a surprise Disney character that will appear, giving you the opportunity for pictures and signing autographs.
- A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: This is a sing-along where Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome Olaf to a celebration. Just for the holidays, the show will include, all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”
Whether you love a livelier, or a more relaxed event, I think everyone can agree that both, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Flurry of Fun will fill your holidays with magic!
Want a free quote on your next Disney vacation, so you & your family can experience one of these magical parties? Fill out the Quote form below or click here to visit our friends at MickeyTravels!
Special thanks to Lindsey Johnson for writing this article: Passionate, Creative, and Fantasy; these are three perfect words to describe the essence of why I love Disney. Disney allows me to escape my reality, and enter into different worlds through artistic stories beyond my wildest imagination.